Good to know
Good to know
All the information you need for a relaxing visit.
Swimwear, bath towels and pestemal
At the Hammam & Spa Oktogon Bern, you only wear the traditional pestemal, which we provide for you. Private hand towels or bath towels are not permitted during your visit.
What do you have to bring with you?
Everything is taken care of for you at the Hammam & Spa Oktogon Bern. With your day admission ticket, you receive:
- Pestemal (traditional linen towel)
- Kese (exfoliating mitt)
- Hammam towel
- Tea at the hammam bistro
How long does a hammam visit take?
A visit to the Hammam & Spa Oktogon Bern without any treatments or wraps takes around two hours.
Feel at ease: nude and non-nude areas
In the hammam, you cover your body with the pestemal (traditional linen towel), and only take this off in the kese and in the lif for exfoliating. The hammam also has kese and lif rooms that are reserved for women only.
During massages in the hammam, your private parts remain covered.
Information for pregnant women
Warm waters soothe the entire body – making this a relaxing experience for pregnant women, too. How your body reacts to hot water during pregnancy may vary. We therefore ask you to consult your doctor in advance.
Massages during pregnancy
- We do not offer any massages up to week 12 of your pregnancy for health and safety reasons.
- From the 13th week of pregnancy, we will be happy to pamper you with one of our massages in the supine position.
- The Hammam soap foam and the foot massage are not suitable for pregnant women, so we do not offer them to you.
Are you planning a birthday, a family party or just a night with friends? We can organise an unforgettable event that’s tailored to you: for groups of six people or more, accompanied by a massage or treatments and an aperitif. We also offer a bride ritual.
You can pick up drinks and Middle Eastern snacks in our bistro. You can pay for your food and drink cash-free with your wristband.
You can buy some of the products we use for treatments in the shop. Perfect for a gift or just as a little treat for you.
Special rules of admission
- The Hammam & Spa Oktogon Bern is reserved for women on Tuesdays.
- Admission is allowed up to two hours before closing; the wet zone closes half an hour before the final closing time.
- Mobile phones and cameras are not permitted in the hammam.
Lost wristband or dressing room key
If you lose your wristband or dressing room key, we will need to charge you CHF 50 each time for resolving the issue.